Monday, February 15, 2010

HEY, HEY, WE'RE THE MONKIES!


Today's card was inspired by Jen Del Muro's sketch above.  Jen has a lot of great sketches that are fun to play along with and recreate.  I used the monkies from the new Stampin' Up! Occassions Mini called "Fox and Friends".  I purchased this set in clear mount.  I wasn't sure if I'd be a clear mount convert, but after purchasing a few clear mount sets, I can say that "I'm a Believer".  (Yes, all puns intended.  I guess I'm stuck on The Monkies music today.  I apologize upfront if you now have these songs stuck in your head.)  I also used the branch with leaves from the new Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch to get my tree branches.  I punched the branches out on Chocolate Chip cardstock and again on Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper.  I cut the leaves out individually and adhered them with Tombo Multi-Purpose glue.

It is snowing again here in lovely southern Ohio.  The weather forcast calls for 4" to 7" in our area.  Bah Humbug!  Come on Spring.  I'm so ready for you!  Thanks for peeking in on me today.

All products used are Stampin' Up!  Click here to shop Stampin' Up! 24/7.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment! Now I get to come and see yours - and I love it! This card is just adorable! I love how you did your branches and colored in your monkeys. Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That stamp set is my fave right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!