Monday, May 31, 2010

THANK YOU.......THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I first came up with the title for my post  a couple of days ago.  It was meant to be kind of witty since I felt like I had "thank you" boxes coming out of my ears.  However, reflections of this Memorial Day change the tone.  So, I would like to take a moment to remember those who so bravely fought for the freedoms of our country and paid the ultimate price.  One of my childhood teacher's only son is among those that I remember today.  He was part of the Lima Company from Ohio that suffered great loss a few years ago.  Sadly, he was among the casualties.  With that said, I'd like to continue on with today's post.


I'm finally finished the 200+ wedding favors for my friend's daughter, Erin.  I just hope she likes the results.  Would you like to see what I've been working on?  This is what 200+ wedding favors look like. 

Well, actually this isn't quite all of them.  These are the ones I boxed up.

Here are a few lined up on my table.  It was very late at night so the lighting isn't the best.  (Notice my open window in the background.  Our heat pump froze up and was not working.  Ugh!)

The boxes will be filled with cellophane bags of white chocolate dipped mini pretzels covered with purple and green sprinkles. 

Here is one all by its lonesome.  Sorry you can't make out the detail.  Each box has a banner which simply says, "Thank You".  The petals have been distressed and run through a crimper.  The flowers are made out of various sized circle punches and are also distressed.  Each flower contains a button in the middle.

If you haven't guessed, Erin's wedding colors are Elegant Eggplant and Certainly Celery.  Her dress is ivory and the groom and his groomsmen will be wearing linen colored tuxedos.  Erin's chose to go with a vintage wedding theme.  It should be  gorgeous.

Hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  Thanks for peeking in on me.  It's back to work for me tomorrow.  I will be attending my son's Eighth Grade Promotion ceremony on Thursday.  I can't believe he'll be in high school soon.

2 comments:

  1. Those turned out so nice. I'm sure it was a lot of work but so worth it. Your friend (and daughter) will really appreciate all that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning boxes! What a labor of love and talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!