Saturday, November 20, 2010

JUST BELIEVE

This is card from last month's stamp-a-stack card class.  It is heavily inspired from this card by Dawn Griffin.  I just changed the color palette slightly and the stamp sets.  I swapped out the Pretty in Pink card stock for Melon Mambo and changed the stamps from Aviary and Elements of Style to Just Believe and Perfect Punches.  I know it is hard to see, but I brushed Smooch Illuminate Top Coat over my flowers.  It gives the flowers a water colored effect.  I kind of like it.  I also used some Basic Rhinestones Jewels to "bling up" my card a bit.  I paired the Melon Mambo with Basic Black and the new In Color, Pear Pizazz.  Is anyone else loving the Pear Pizazz too?

I need to make this a quick post today.  I'm heading to Jingle Bell Festival here in my hometown.  All the storefronts downtown are decorated for Christmas and the stores are holding their annual Christmas Open House.  (Most stores have fresh baked cookies, hot cider, hot chocolate and coffee for their guests.)  Later, I'll watch the parade with some great friends and hopefully enjoy the Lantern Tour.  My husband's uncle, Delmar, is in charge of the tour every year.  He writes a play using stories from real people in our community from the late 1800's and early 1900's.  Each actor dresses in era costume and reenacts the happens of our town during a particular era.  The tour leads guests to historic buildings through town.  Of course, the tour guide lights the way with what else - a lantern.

Thanks for peeking in on me today!  I hope you all enjoy your weekend! 

All products are Stampin' Up! unless noted.  If you have any questions regarding my project, feel free to drop me a line.

3 comments:

  1. Very striking card. I'm with you on Pear Pizzazz! So glad I signed up to follow you. Thanks for blessing my morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright, fun and inviting blog! #271 following you from Stampin Connection. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. The colors are wonderful and all those layers are delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!