Saturday, August 1, 2009

HERE FOR YOU

Have you tried the poppin' pastels technique? It's been around for a while, but I've never tried it. It's a really cool technique. Just stamp your image using Versamark ink and then rub colored chalk over the image. I used the baroque image from the Friends 24-7 stamp set along with Old Olive and Rose Red chalk on this card to replicate the technique. Okay, maybe I'm easily amazed but I like this technique. (I already said that didn't I?) I also ran my Rose Red cardstock through the Big Shot machine using the polka-dot texturz plate and then sponged Very Vanilla craft ink over it to make the dots pop out a little. This was the first time I tried out the eyelet border punch too and I'm loving it! To be honest, I wasn't crazy about this punch at first, but now I don't see this thing collecting much dust.


Supplies: Stamps - Friends 24-7; Ink - Versamark, Soft Suede; Paper - Natural Ivory, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Rose Red, Rose Red Designer Series Paper; Accessories - Very Vanilla Hodge Podge Hardware, Chalks, Sponges, Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread, Big Shot Machine, Texturz Plate, Designer Label Punch, Eyelet Border Punch

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Love the colors that you used and the pastels technique creates a lovely background.
    Hugs
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lori, the card looks wonderful! I loved the popped background.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!