Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WATERCOLOR DAISIES

October is a big birthday month in my family.  My aunt, cousin, my father and I all celebrate October birthdays.  My father and I celebrate our birthdays a day apart.  My father actually had the courage to ask my mother to wait a few more hours so I could be born on his birthday.  (Smile.)  I can only imagine the conversation that transpired after that remark : )  Of course, neither she nor I waited.

I'm not sure what the name of this technique is called.  I saw the technique at the Cincinnati Stampin' Up! Regional last year.  I used markers to color in the image and then doused my stamp with a good dose of water from a spray bottle.  This gives the image a muted, water colored look.  If you happen to be looking for a tutorial on how to make a nice bow, you have to check out this video tutorial by Ann Schach.  It is an awesome tutorial and it really works. 

ETA:  My image was stamped on Whisper White card stock.  The "wet" stamp did not buckle my paper.  I haven't tried this technique on Watercolor Paper, but I'm sure it would work nicely.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Did you stamp on watercolor paper or Whisper White? I have this set and never know what to do with it! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful colors! new follower from SC

    Juliet
    http://julietscrazyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!