Tuesday, October 12, 2010

WHOOOO'S HAVING A BIRTHDAY

I created this card for my cousin, Brent.  It will be a little late getting to him, but it's the thought that counts.  Right?

 I saw this cute idea for a shadow box card on Dawn Griffith's blog and knew that I wanted to try it.  I love her video tutorials.  She makes it so easy for the visual crafter like me.

I really like how my card came together.  Look at that sweet little owl.  This was actually the first time I'd used my Two-Step Owl Punch.  Why I waited so long to use it I'll never know. He reminds of the owl on the Tootsie Roll Pop commercial.  You know the one.  "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?"  I know I'm corny.  Believe me when I say I get it honest.  I also really like Stampin' Up!'s Woodgrain stamp.  Doesn't my card look like the actual grain on a tree?  To create the moon I used the 2 1/2 inch circle punch and also the branch from the Two-Step Bird punch to create the tree branch.  Over all, I was pretty happy with the results of this card.  Looking back I think I would have moved my buttons up a little to hide the edge of my "Happy Birthday" banner.  Looks like I need to pay a little more attention to details.  

I hope your week is sailing along smoothly.  I can't complain too much as I enjoyed a three day weekend with fantastic weather.  Thanks for taking time out of your day to peek in on me.  It really does mean so much to me.

6 comments:

  1. That woodgrain background looks so great with the owl. I love the new punches! I'm sure you're cousin will really enjoy the card...it is the thought that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute. TFS and God Bless.

    Diana
    http://b4ustamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm now following you from Stampin'Connection. I'm #188 on the list as www.bzstampr.blogspot.com.
    I hope you have time to hope over and follow me.
    I love your blog!

    Take care,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some really nice cards on your blog! I'm now a follower from SC. I'd love to see what your craft area looks like when you and your hubby finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo cute! I love it! I wanted to thank you for checking out my blog (Be Creative
    With Nicole and leaving a very sweet comment. It is especially nice when it comes from an Ohian! It's a small world..I can't believe you know where teeny little Clarksville is!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! I love it. You have some beautiful projects posted. Thanks so much for following my blog. I'm now following from NY :)
    God bless!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!