Wednesday, February 23, 2011

FAST & FABULOUS FAUX SILK


I saw this technique on the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator's website and decided to try it for myself.  I can't believe how easy it is to create this beautiful, soft effect.  The added texture over your stamped image just makes you want to reach out and touch it.  Every time I go into a store I can't help but reach out and touch the textures of the fabric and run my fingers over the fine details of jewelry.  I'm sure I drive the salespeople crazy but I can't help myself.  Do you do that too?

This is one of the cards the ladies in my Technique Lover's class created this past week.  I think the vintage look of this card was voted one of their favorites : ) It makes me happy to hear my customers say, "Oh, this is definitely my favorite project."  KWIM?

Here's a close up look at the distressed edges.  It kind of reminds me of vintage lace.  There's virtually little work to achieving this look.  Just take a 1" piece of cardstock and punch one side with Stampin' Up!'s eyelet border punch, run your cardstock through the crimper back and forth and use your bone folder to smooth out the crimping.  Don't run your bone folder over the crimped edge too much.  You'll still want to see some of the crimped detail.  (Using your bone folder will help break down the fibers in the cardstock.)  Next, use your fingernails to rough up the edges and after a short while the fibers in the cardstock will separate giving it a distressed look.

Thanks for peeking in on me today.  I really do enjoy when you stop by to visit me and your lovely comments put me over the moon happy!  Be sure to check back later this week.  I have a card to show you using the lastest Mojo Monday sketch challenge!

7 comments:

  1. wow this turned out just beautifully! I love it and your colors you chose. I can totally relate to touching all the fabric's I have recently started quilting and just cant pass the materials hugz n blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay so I think that we also need baking with Lulu! I love the cards and I always here about your wonderful baking. I have only gotten to taste a couple things you have made and they are heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, your work is awesome and I love your blog! I am awarding you the Stylish Blogger Award. Please visit my blog for information on posting this award to your blog.

    www.sendingsmilesacrossthemiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Lori! I'm now following you. I'm #360 on SC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I love the edging! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card the vintage look is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! I saw the technique on SU...but haven't tried it yet. Now I'll have to! - Micki
    Following from SC. Visit mmy "AVENUE OF ART" blog at: www.AvenueofArt.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!