Sunday, November 29, 2009

EMBRACEABLE YOU




I know!  I know!  Christmas is coming and I'm not posting a Christmas card.  Shame on me, but I just needed to take a break from Christmas cards for a while.  Today's card is actually a combination of two challenges!  Go, Lori, go!!!  And you know what's even more exciting for me?  This card was actually completed before the deadline.  Whoo!  Hoo!  (Sorry, I'm just so dang proud of myself.)  Okay, so here is the sketch layout that I used for the design of my card.  I found this challenge over at Diva Coffee Break Designs.  It is sketch challenge #155.  Here's the layout.



I also incorporated Splitcoast Stampers Inspiration Challenge IC208 from Saturday, November 28th, for my card.  I chose this purse as my inspiration for the color combination of my card - Cameo Coral, Real Red, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. 


I used my corner rounder punch on my panels to mimic the squares on the purse.  The corduroy buttons were an afterthought.  I actually had them laying out on my table and they fell out of their container and across my card.  After arranging them around a bit, I decided to add them.  How lucky is that?

Well, that's all for me this evening.  It's back to work for me tomorrow.  My four day weekend really spoiled me.  Hope all my American friends enjoyed their Thanksgiving holiday.  I know I did! 

Thanks for peeking in on me today!

Supplies:  Stamps - Eastern Blooms, Embrace Life, Friends 24-7, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Friendly Words Jumbo Wheel; Paper - Very Vanilla, Real Red, Cameo Coral, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip; Ink- Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Soft Suede, SU! Markers - Soft Suede, Real Red, Cameo Coral; Accessories - Chocolate Chip Corduroy Buttons, 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Dimensionals, Jumbo Stampin' Around Wheel 


3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I am so glad you were able to use both the sketch and the inspiration for this neat card....love the rounded panels and the BG stamp you used. It really does resemble the purse!!! Again, thanks for playing with the Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!!! Yes, I'm yelling! How awesome of you to combine these challenges and come out with this fabulous modern art?! Those buttons are a perfect addition too- very graphic! Love the rounded corners and the bold colors. Great job! I am saving to CASE!! Thanks for playing with the Divas- hope you'll join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being chosen featured artist.Your cards are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!