Wednesday, November 25, 2009

THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS


I wish you could see this card in real life. The colors are so much better. My husband tried to photograph it. I tried to photograph it and he even tried again. So I apologize for the picture, but I can't retake it. I already sent it to a retired co-worker whose health is declining. I hope it cheers him up to know that his old co-workers are thinking of him this holiday season.

I'm not really sure that this card went in the direction that I was hoping. Sometimes my cards just have a mind of their own. I just wanted to take a small break from making Christmas cards and focus on the holiday at hand - Thanksgiving. I just love this stamp set. I won it at the Cincinnati Stampin' Up! Regional in September. The leaves were stamped in Basic Brown ink and sponge daubers were used to color them in. I cut each one out, bent the leaves and added dimensionals to give them a more three dimensional look.

I'm going to make it a short post tonight as I need to clean house and prepare food for the next two days. We're off to my in-laws tomorrow and then dinner at my house on Friday.

Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope you share it with the ones you love! Thanks for peeking in on me today!




2 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! I think it photographed wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to apologize- I can totally tell how awesome this card is! SO many great details- and rich gorgeous colors. You know, I've not been a fan of this stamp set... until now! Oh, and I know what you mean about cards having a mind of their own... mine do that all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!