Tuesday, June 29, 2010

GO YOU!

Here's a quick graduation card I created for a young man with whom my husband and I attended church.  His high school colors are red and grey.  I usually like to be elaborate with my cards adding several layers.  However, I was in a hurry to get this one together so I cut down on the layers and patterned paper.  Thank goodness for my handy dandy Stampin' Up! punches and accessories.

The stamp set used here is from the Stampin' Up! Summer Mini Catalog called "Go, Graduate."  Don't look too closely at the coloring.  My watercoloring needs a great deal of perfecting.  Plus, my optometrist tells me I've reached the magic birthday where cheap reading glasses are a must!  Oh, the joys of being forty and older!  If you will, please forgive me.  My mojo is in a bit of a funk lately and I haven't been stamping as much this summer.  That's not a good thing when you're preparing for an upcoming card class.  Well, I better run.  Lots of cardstock to cut and some prep work to do before Thursday's class.

Thanks for peeking in on me!  I hope to post the cards from Thursday's class really soon.

1 comment:

  1. Really cute card! Love this stamp set and how you've used it. I'm following you and thanks for following me, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!