Tuesday, August 24, 2010

ALWAYS ON OUR MINDS

If you're like me, you struggle making masculine cards.  Why is that?  Today's card was no exception.  Thank goodness I have the Sense of Time stamp set to help me out.  It is absolutely perfect for making masculine card. 


Even though I've been in a stamping rut, I am pretty pleased with the outcome of this card.  I decided to take out my distressing tool and rough up the edges a bit.  Of course I couldn't just stop there.  I had to sponge the edges a bit to give them a more weathered look.  You may be wondering what those funky little circle button things are doing at the bottom.  Well, the simple truth is that I forgot to put the brads on my patterned paper before adhering it to the card base.  Oops!  (There are no mistakes in stamping, right? )

I will be sending this to a retired co-worker of mine who is battling cancer.  My friend, Teresa, and I have been sending him cards just to let him know that he's never far from the thoughts and prayers of his old co-workers.  He has called to thank us for all the cards and well wishes we've sent.  It truly makes my heart happy to know that a simple card brightens his day a little.  I highly recommend you make a card and send it to someone.  You'll never truly know how much it means to them : )

Thanks for peeking in on me today!  School starts tomorrow and I'll be sending my "baby" off to his freshman year of high school.  I can't believe how time has flown.

4 comments:

  1. For being in a "rut" your cards are beautiful. And I have to admit, I'm terrible about sending cards. I have tons of them, but somehow I just don't seem to get them sent. I'm trying to do better also. By the way, love your blog, you have great taste (this is the same blog I have LOL).

    Thanks for sharing,
    Kim - your new follwer
    www.jenkins-journal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for visting my blog and i love your cards thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect masculine card! Nice color combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!