Sunday, August 29, 2010

ACK! THE "P" WORD

The "P" word as in purple of course!  Believe it or not I truly love the color purple. I love it in fashion, love it in nail polish and I even love purple popsicles.   I just tend to shy away from it (okay, more like run or sprint) when making cards.  I just decided to take the plunge and conquer my fears with this card.  I'm not sure I've conquered my fears but I am telling myself, "Embrace the purple.  Embrace the purple."  So, in honor of the wonderful color purple, I pulled out my Perfect Plum card stock and ink.

 For some reason my card has a yellow cast to it.  Sorry for the funky glow, but I had my dear, patient man of a husband take this picture at night.  I should know better by now but if your dear,  patient man of a husband is willing to set up his camera to take a picture of your hobby...............well, you take what you can get.  I guess that's true unless you're willing to do it yourself.  Ummmmm, I'm not quite there yet!

Thanks for peeking in on me today!  I really, really need to prep for an upcoming card class I'm holding.  Hope to see you soon with another post!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Beautiful coloring & I Love how you angled the image and tucked one edge under the ribbon. Funny...I tend to use purple too much in my card making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love purple too, and especially since it's my granddaughter's favorit color. Your card looks great, even with the yellowish glow. Makes it like sunshine. I'm following you now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colors on this!! thanks for sharing

    I'm a new follower from SC.

    http://604clothpaperscissors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. But then like you I love all purple. Funny thing is I don't make many purple cards either. Probably because my youngest daughter would try to steal them. She really loves all things purple. Now following you from SC.
    http://kristyisstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm following you!!Very cute site BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! I know it's hard to use some colors but you did an outstanding job with the purple! I'm following you from SC. www.mystampintime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you decided to embrace the purple. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! What a striking card. Love the colours you have used. Just a little bit different than others I have seen this set used with. Thanks for following my blog, it means I have discovered your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done! That hydrangea is such a lovely stamp and you have coloured it wonderfully. Love the polka dotted background too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!