Tuesday, August 17, 2010

IN A RUT

Does it ever happen to you?  You're feeling really crafty and have all these great ideas in your head and then you sit down to stamp and nothing - nothing at all.  You try your hardest to stamp your thoughts on paper and it doesn't work out like you plan.  That's where I'm at right now. 

My card layout today is one I CASE'd from Mary Fish.  Once again, the Melon Mambo has turned out a freakish pink color.  I'm not overly thrilled by this card.  Perhaps it is because I struggle with pastel color combinations.  Perhaps it's because of the above mentioned problem I seem to be having.  The good news is I will have some more cards to show you in the days ahead.  I'll just have to keep stamping until I get out of this rut!

Thanks for peeking in on me today!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless noted.
Supplies:  Stamps - Punch Potpourri, Trendy Trees (sentiment), En Francais; Paper - Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Whisper White;  Ink - Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo; Accessories - Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Basic Pearls Jewels, Butterfly Extra-Large Punch, 2" x 1 3/8" Oval Extra-Large Punch

3 comments:

  1. Funny! I HEART this card! Enjoying and following via SC.

    http://mycheerystampinspace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I like this card! so sorry it disappointed you, but I know how you feel... worked last night for just the "right" card to make for a swap & staring at it today, I hate it... Will go back to drawing board. May we both have better luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been using sketches a lot to make cards. I made a few last night that I'm not thrilled with, but are still OK. I used the lighter pink in the bright collections (can't remember the name...sorry) and I think I don't care for it too much. I love your butterflies and I like the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!