Saturday, July 3, 2010

YOU GOTTA HAVE FRIENDS

When I was assembling this card the lyrics "Well, you gotta have friiiiieeenndds" kept going through my mind.  Don't ask me why, I have no idea.  Many times while I'm making my cards I'm singing songs that remind me of the particular card I'm creating at the time.  I know what you're thinking.  "No wonder this crazy lady's blog is called Stamping with LULU! She's a real wacko."  Actually my husband and son gave me that nickname years ago.  Only my son couldn't pronounce his "L's" at the time and he called me WuuWuu.  Fast forward some ten years plus and they still call me Lulu.  I have no idea why, but the name has stuck.  I don't actually mind.  I just pretend it's a term of endearment instead of the fact that they think I'm nuts.

Okay, enough history and craziness.  Let's get on with the card.  Don't you just love this patterned paper?  It's from the new Stampin' Up! Idea Book and is called Greenhouse Gala.  Of course I was instantly drawn to the paper collection.  The collection contains my favorite color combination - blue, green and chocolate.  This card is another joy fold card.  It's a card that we created in my Fancy Folds class on Thursday night.  Once again, I have CASEd another more talented artist.  The card front was inspired by this card by Mary Fish.  I just changed the colors and stamp set up a bit.

Thanks for peeking in on me today!  You're visits mean a lot to me.  Have a safe and wonderful 4th of July weekend my American friends.  I hope to spend it by my father's pool and entertaining my family. 

8 comments:

  1. I love the color combo on your card. I'm now a follower.
    www.maxinestamps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I like the matching little flowers at the left. TYFS!

    chanda stehlik
    www.bellevuestampingclub.com

    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice layout, love the use of flowers all over.

    I am your new follower, please visit my blog
    http://www.white-fence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog! I'm following you now, you can find me at www.littleinkontheprairie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just started following you, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love this paper and the colors ... nice card

    Cheryl
    http://craftinmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Lori, love the colors and flowers
    Hugs
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card.

    now following you from
    www.papercreationsbykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!