Friday, July 30, 2010

BUNCHES OF LUCK

This card was the first time I broke out my Bouquet Bunch stamp set from the Stampin' Up! Summer Mini.  I just had to have this set and then I've struggled to come up with a layout design using it.  Plus, I think I have confessed in the past that I'm very inexperienced at watercoloring.  I'm trying to improve on that.  Hopefully you can tell that my flowers and shrubs are three dimensional.  Should I let you in a secret?  My first attempt at watercoloring the flowers and leaves was such a total bomb.  I tried to redeem myself by stamping them again, watercoloring again and then cutting them out and raising them off the panels with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I love those things!

I did actually give this card to a friend at church who began a new job in the surgical department at one of our local hospitals.  (Hey, Maria!  Glad the new job is going well.)  I think she was shocked that I gave her a "handmade" card.  (Shocked in a good way of course!)  I'm really trying to make a conscious effort to actually give my cards to recipients instead of hoarding them in my card bins.  It's an ongoing process, but I'm getting better at it.  How about you?  Are you a giver or a hoarder?

Thanks for peeking in on me today!  Have a good weekend stamping friends!

10 comments:

  1. very pretty card. Still getting through the list.
    Newest follower from SC. Hope you follow me too.
    Diane
    htt://dianeoliver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lulu! I love this card. The colors look amazing together. Thanks. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lori ~

    I love this card! The green and black and orange go so beautifully together. Love your blog design too! :0)

    Thanks for the follow, and I look forward to checking in at "Stamping with Lulu" on a regular basis ~

    Tiffany
    love22stamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori! Your card is so pretty and cheery!!
    Thanks for following my blog....I'm now a follower of YOU!!!!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so pretty. I also love the 3D Orange Crush! I'm going to try this. I'm following you from SC. Hope you'll join me too!
    www.crafthavenretreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card. Now following your blog. Hope you follow mine too!
    Norma
    www.stampingaweigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, i think you did a great job at watercoloring! thanks for poppin onto my blog and checkin on us! hugs, sus

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lori,

    Beautiful cards on your blog. I am following you now. I can't wait to see more of your projects.

    BTW, thanks for leaving such a kind comment on my blog.

    Be Blessed,

    Shannon Willis
    www.shannonscropstop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I never gave this set much thought, but I've seen some very nice cards using it...including yours! The ribbon treatment is wonderful! I have to say I'm a giver but I still managed to have LOTS of cards lying around! I doesn't help to have them handy in case of an emergency!

    BTW-Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! I really LOVE the color comb. on this card. SOOOO COOOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!