Monday, June 8, 2009

DREAM A LITTLE


Have you ever envisioned something in your head and then when you put it to paper it doesn't turn out quite like you'd hoped? Well, that's what happened to me with this card. This card was inspired by the Mojo Monday Week 88 sketch. I actually call it my Mojo Monday Blunder card. It is so not what I envisioned at all. I guess we all have days like that. I actually thought about not posting this card, but I decided to go ahead. Sometimes you hit the mark and sometimes you miss by a mile. I used the rock ' n roll technique on the flower, double stamped it, cut out the center and popped up the center with a dimensional. I then added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the edges of the flower using a Zig two-way glue pen. I also ran my white card stock through the Big Shot Machine using the polka dot texturz plate.
I do have a new card to share with you later this week. I'm a little happier with the way it turned out. I'll post it as soon as my dear husband photographs it for me.
Supplies: Stamps - SU!'s Dream A Little; Paper - Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper, Kiwi Kiss, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White; Ink - Rose Red, Cameo Coral, Not Quite Navy SU! Marker, Garden Green SU! Marker, Real Red SU! Marker, Chocolate Chip SU! Marker, Black Journaler; Accessories - Button Bouquet Buttons, Circle Scissor Plus, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Regal Rose 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver Brads, Big Shot Machine, Backgrounds I Texturz Plates, Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Very cute card Lori. Love how you done the flower. You can see all of the details. Really like how you colored the hummingbird as well. So glad you decided to post this one.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you do that? It looks great don't tell people you don't like it! lol! Mom would have liked the hummingbird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love this card, There's nothing wrong with it. It's adorable! I feel like I have made some blunders today myself, but I Love the hummingbird and all of the colors. Fantastic job!! Hug to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!