Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fly Away, Fly Away, Fly Away Home . . . . .



Well, I did manage to mount one of my new stamp sets yesterday, but that's as far as I got. My uncle called to tell me that my Aunt Sue fell and broke her hip. So, I went to the hospital to visit her. She didn't complain any during my visit. She just said her neck hurt from lying in bed. She was scheduled for surgery this morning. Please pray for her. Not only has she broken her hip, she has multiple sclerosis. So, walking is already a difficult task for her.

Today's card is one I made last week using the Mojo Monday Week 72 sketch. I wanted to use up some of my stash of retiring Stampin' Up! products and retiring stamps. Sadly, I just discovered I like the retiring Tangerine Tango (orange) "In Color". I actually hadn't used it much until now. This card reminds me of my sister, Sarah. She loves ladybugs. She even dressed up like one for Halloween one year.
I sponged several of my layers on this card and added dots to the middle of the flowers using the Summer Sun marker. To get my sentiment straight, I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig. It's such a handy little tool to have. I see Stampin' Up! is offering a paper piercer in the upcoming catalog. It's going first on my first order on July 1st. I have one, but is has been severely abused. LOL!

Thanks for stopping by and for all the kind comments, too!
Stamps - SU!'s Darling dots, Sweet Little Sentiments; Paper - Washington Apple, Bella Rose, Tangerine Tango, Summer Sun, Kiwi Kiss, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White; Ink - Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Real Red, Basic Black, Black Journaler, SU! Markers - Summer Sun, Old Olive, Real Red; Accessories - Black Grosgrain Ribbon, White Jumbo Brads, Sponges, Stamp-a-ma-jig, 1/2" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!