Monday, June 22, 2009

YOU'RE ON MY MIND



Today would have been my mother's 66th birthday and I am missing her more than words. Sadly, she passed away two years ago. So, I thought this card was only fitting for the mood I'm in today. If you're fortunate enough to still have your mother, then call her, visit her and tell her you love her. Time gets away much too fast.

Today's card is not an original idea of mine. It is a CASE (Copy and Share/Steal Everything) from this card and this card that I found in the gallery at Splitcoaststampers.com. I thought they were beautiful and wanted to give it a try with the new "Rich Razzleberry" In Color that's debuting in the new Stampin' Up! catalog on July 1st. I like the olive and raspberry colors together. I think we may be seeing more of these color combinations in fashion this Fall. Just a guess! Anyway, I've sponged clouds on this card with the scallop circle punch, sponge dauber and Baja Breeze ink. I'm getting hooked on the faux clouds. They are surprisingly simple to make.

Update on my Aunt Sue - My aunt had surgery a week ago Sunday and has moved to another hospital in Circleville for rehabilitation. She hasn't done much walking yet, so progress is "slow go". Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

Supplies: Stamps - Branch Out, Sincere Salutations; Paper - Textured Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede, Whisper White; Ink - Baja Breeze, Basic Brown, Old Olive, Rose Red, Green Galore, Basic Black, SU! Markers - Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum; Accessories - Rich Razzleberry 1/2" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponge Daubers, Sponges, Scallop Edge Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Circle Scissor Plus

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori, Love the card, and esp all of the colors. Mothers are just so precious. What great memories you must have of her. Our loved ones are always with us. You cards are just so gorgeous, and beautiful. I'm just so jealous! Hugs to you! Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!